Reasons For And Against Filing Personal Bankruptcy
- I enjoy receiving harassing telephone calls from debt collectors at all times of the day.
- I enjoy when my doorbell rings and I meet another process server or sheriff’s deputy serving me with yet another collection or foreclosure lawsuit.
- I enjoy receiving mail, so I don’t want to stop the endless number of letters threatening more collection and foreclosure lawsuits.
- I enjoy having my bank accounts frozen every time one of my creditors garnishes them, and giving away part of my hard earned wages when my creditors serve my employer with a continuing writ of garnishment.
- I want to lose my home, my personal property and my car.
- I enjoy the disadvantageous terms of my mortgage-after all, I signed a promissory note agreeing to those terms. I also enjoy making the minimum monthly payments on my credit cards and not reducing the balance owed in any way.
- I enjoy feeling helpless, not sleeping, and having all of my stress-related health problems.
- I believe that if I ignore my problems long enough, they will just go away.
On the other hand, when you file for bankruptcy, you can:
- Put a stop to the harassing telephone calls and letters from debt collectors, and halt any progress being made in collection lawsuits filed against you.
- Stop a pending foreclosure sale on your home, a pending execution on your personal property, or a creditor from garnishing your bank accounts and/or wages.
- Potentially negotiate new, more beneficial terms on your home mortgage with your lender, as well as potentially eliminate most, if not all, of your medical bills and credit card debt.
- Stop feeling helpless, and obtain confidence that you have a plan of you and your family’s financial future, and start rebuilding your credit.
If you would like to schedule a FREE consultation with a Bankruptcy Lawyer Port St Lucie, please contact Jon L Martin Bankruptcy Attorney at (772)419-0057 or visit us online http://barrya16.sg-host.com/wp-contentjonlmartinlaw.com/.
With over 40 years of combined legal and business experience, we have helped hundreds of people in and around Martin and St Lucie County to relieve their financial problems. Bankruptcy Lawyer Port St Lucie and a chairman of Martin County Bar Bankruptcy Committee Jon L. Martin helps clients throughout the following cities and surrounding areas: Hobe Sound, Jensen Beach, Palm City, Port Salerno, Port St. Lucie, Stuart, Vero Beach, and Sebastian.
Fill Out The Form Below For Your Free Case Evaluation